Lemony Garlic and Shrimp Pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon ( you can also sub doTerra lemon essential oil)
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme and ½ tsp dried oregano (if you have fresh herbs, use 1 tbsp thyme and ½ tbsp oregano) you can also sub doTerra essential oils
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp grassfed butter (Kerrygold is a good brand)
- 1 box spaghetti (preferably a brown rice and quinoa pasta). We like Jovial brand gluten free pasta.
- 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper (eyeball this if you like and season to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional). Nutritional yeast is an excellent sub.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a heavy pinch of salt and the box of pasta. Cook 1 minute less than the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil then add the garlic, shallot, lemon zest, thyme, oregano, and shrimp. Next, add the salt and fresh grated black pepper. Sauté until shrimp just turns pink. Careful not overcook the shrimp or burn the garlic. This takes about 3-5 minutes. Drain the cooked pasta and add the pasta to the shrimp. Add the juice of one lemon. Toss to combine. Add the parmesan cheese and butter and toss again. Once plated, grate or sprinkle some additional cheese. Garnish with fresh basil if you have it.