- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or light brown sugar (OMIT for WHOLE 30)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic rough chopped
- 1 pork shoulder (3-4 lbs)
Combine all spices, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork.
Place the pork shoulder, onion, garlic, and 3/4 cup water in the slow cooker and turn on low heat for 8 hours.
Remove the pork and transfer to a plate to cool. Reserve approximately 1/2 cup of juices from the pork and set aside. Let meat cool slightly and then pull into small pieces. Place meat back into the crockpot and add the reserved juice and as much BBQ sauce as you like. Keep on low heat until ready to serve. This freezes beautifully also!