3 Things You Can Do About the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
First and foremost, do not be fearful! Fear leads to stress which weakens our immune system and makes us more susceptible to illness. And, there are plenty of precautionary measures you can take and tools you can have on hand if you do become infected.
1. Prevention is KEY! We can’t control many things but we can control the health of our immune system.
- Frequent handwashing, carry Hand sanitizer with you at all times
- Maintain distance from those coughing and sneezing (3-6 feet)
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth
- Diffuse essential oils like On guard to cleanse the air of germs
- Use on guard cleaner which also boosts your immune system. Viruses can live on surfaces for up to 48 hrs.
- Apply Correct - x in nose as a barrier
2. Boost immunity with:
- Elderberry - supports a healthy immune system (there is some controversy around this) Do your own research, make an informed decision
- Zinc - anti-viral properties, specifically lozenges
- Vitamin C - help our leukocytes or WBC function more efficiently. Best food sources oranges, peppers, tomato juice.
- Vitamin D may help reduce the risk of respiratory infections and viruses.
- Essential oils that boost the immune system - On guard, black pepper, frankincense
- Coconut oil has lauric acid which has anitviral properties
- Incorporate more fruits and veggies. Lay off sugar and processed foods.
3. Be prepared in case you do get it.
- Top essential oils with antiviral properties: Tea tree, Rosemary, Lemon, Melissa, Oregano, Cinnamon, Thyme, Ginger, Manuka
- Respiratory support: Eucalyptus, rosemary, peppermint, cardamon, ginger
- Support for elevated temperature: Peppermint and lime, roman chamomile
- Stay hydrated
- Detox bath using zendocrine, juniper berry, lemongrass (see Detox Bath blog for recipe)